Earth System Modeling Framework (ESMF) Regridding Scripts
Each compressed tar.gz package contains NCL-based regridding scripts that will regrid meteorological forcing data onto a WRF/WRF-Hydro 'GEOGRID' domain. Each package contains sample input data, a sample geogrid file, and a README guide.
237MB Memory Usage (RAM needed)
*Note: The WRF regridding package can not be downloaded on a Windows machine.
Note: Since GFS, HRRR, and RAP are forecast products, were we to generate output files from this script with the proper naming conventions for WRF-Hydro there would potentially be more than one file with the same name. Therefore, we leave the step of renaming output files to meet the WRF-Hydro input filename convention to the user. However, the scripts if used with the provided example input data do print out the proper filename convention. The user can look at the scripts to see how they can alter them to work with their own forcing data files.
These scripts were updated on 05 September 2019 to address the following issues:
• A bug that caused the GFS regridding script to crash because a variable was not deleted (GFS)
• A bug that caused incorrect filenames to be generated near the end of a month (all forecast datasets)
• A bug that caused the GFS script to fail when regridding source files with forecast hours of 48 hours or greater (GFS)
- Regridding using NCL and the Earth System Modeling Framework (ESMF) software
- NLDAS – North American Land Data Assimilation System
- HRRR – High-Resolution Rapid Refresh
- MRMS General Information, Guides, and Training
- MRMS – Multi Radar Multi Sensor System Data
- RAP – Rapid Refresh
- GFS – Global Forecast System
Please direct questions/comments about this page to: